The time has finally come for Mo-ver the Wire’s team to reassemble themselves in another month of glorious (or in many cases emasculating) facial topiary. Last year, thanks to the support of our many generous donors, the Mo-ver the Wire team raised just under a thousand dollars for the Movember initiative.
This year we are asking you to dig deep and help us break that record by raising $5000.00 for this most auspicious and gentlemanly of initiatives. If you would like to make a difference to the state of mens’ health, or perhaps if you would like to indulge in some philtrum based schadenfreude, please dig deep and make a generous donation to our team.
For those who haven’t heard of it, Movember is an annually held worldwide event aimed at changing the face of men’s health (pun intended) by supporting research efforts and practical initiates for prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and mental health issues.
Rules of Movember:
- Once registered, each Mo Bro must begin the 1st of Movember with a clean shaven face.
- For the entire month of Movember each Mo Bro must grow and groom a moustache.
- There is to be no joining if the Mo to the side burns
(This is considered a beard).
- There is to be no joining of the handlebars to your chin
(This is considered a goatee).
- Each Mo bro must conduct himself like a true country gentleman.
Edit – 2013-12-12
A big thank you to all of our donors. We didn’t quite make our five thousand dollar goal but we did manage to raise $3870.00 and look hair-larious in the process.