NBN Co Ltd. (NBN) has advised all Australian telecommunication providers that they are currently not accepting orders for HFC (hybrid fibre coaxial) services at new locations from 19:00 (AEDT) Tuesday 2 February 2021.
This situation is due to issues with the supply chain of the HFC NTDs (Network Termination Devices) chipset, that COVID-19 has severely impacted.
There are limited scenarios where the NBN may continue to accept orders:
- Service Transfers, Reconnects, Self-install Kits, Missing NTD and Additional NTD requests (Service Class 24)
- Disconnection Date Passed and no service (Legacy)
- Medically vulnerable with no legacy service
- Medical support business with no legacy service (Doctor, Medical Centre, Hospital)
- Emergency services with no service
- Essential Service Businesses (e.g Pharmacies, Supermarkets and Petrol Stations) in emergency/disaster situation (e.g fire, flood) with no legacy services
At this stage, the NBN has not advised when HFC orders will resume.
If your service falls outside of the above exceptions, you will likely be affected by this advice. Your Over the Wire Account Manager will contact you to discuss alternative arrangements.
Over the Wire will continue to provide NBN HFC service order acceptance updates on this page, as we receive them from the NBN.